Come celebrate the Golden Age of Route 66…From classic cars to live music & food this festival features over 1,100 cars and over 80,000 spectators. Grab your friends and family and head to Downtown Springfield where you won’t pay a thing, yep it's FREE, to see the cars and listen to music.
Friday night the 20th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival kicks off the weekend with the Route 66 City Night Cruise for Crimestoppers. Cars line up at the Capital City Shopping Center and cruise through Springfield right into the heart of Downtown while being lead by Grand Marshall Butch Patrick, Eddie Munster. While the cars roar in, enjoy live music on the Main Stage.
Don’t forget about the Miss Route 66 Festival Pin-Up Contest brought to you by Springfield Vintage
Then get ready for some smokin' tires and burnin' rubber during the Burnout Competition
. It’s the loudest and smokiest burnout and it’s a crowd favorite…and you’ll see why!
Don’t you worry…there is no lack of music this weekend! Dance the night away to live music on the Main Stage, acts TBA soon.
Grub on some festival food & drinks while wandering around the downtown browsing cars and taking it all in.
Wrapping up the weekend on Sunday is the Awards Ceremony on the Main Stage. Stop and see if your favorite car wins an award!
Quick look at the weekend highlights: (Full Schedule coming soon)
- Friday night Route 66 City Nights Cruise with up to 2,000 classic cars cruising into downtown Springfield
- Celebrity Butch Patrick, Eddie Munster and his coach will be driving in the Friday cruise and available for meet & greet on Saturday at the show
- Burnout Competition Saturday
- Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday
- Post your "selfie" at any Illinois Route 66 landmark to Facebook, or Instagram with hashtag #MyIL66 and #visitspringfield to be featured on Illinois Route 66 Scenic Byway social media! Info at #MyIL66.
- Old Capitol Farmers Market - Saturday
- IL State Capitol Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the majestic Illinois State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
- Grab the Explorer Passport and visit our Living Legends of Route 66 throughout Springfield, available at the Springfield Visitors Center
- Register your ride for a chance to be awarded one of the top honors, show will be judged by CASI certified national judges
- FESTIVAL HOURS: Friday, Sept. 24, 6pm – 10pm, Saturday, Sept. 25, 9am – 10pm and Sunday, Sept. 26, 9am –12pm.
Looking for a place to stay?? Check out one of our amazing Hotels